Saturday, September 15, 2012

Quotation Mark Christians

In the future you may notice that I often put quotation marks on the word Christian and Christians, this is no mistake. I know that I am no perfect Christian, no one is, and therefore I try to always give others the benefit of the doubt when they claim the name of Christ. With that said I hold the name of Christ in very high regard, He is my personal savior as well as the savior of the any who will call upon Him (Romans 10:13). Christ was perfect and we are far from it, I know that when I sin I become ashamed because others know that I bear the name Christian.

When I use the term "Christian" in quotation I am not simply referring to Christianity as a whole, I am referring to those who claim the name and say "I don't think its wrong to drink" "I don't think we should judge". When I use the word "Christian" in quotations I am referring to the spineless "Come as you are, leave as you were" pastors who are afraid to preach the truth of the gospel. Instead they preach only love, compromise, and Heaven but neglect to warn their followers about Hell, Sin, and the coming judgement.

I am not a doom and gloom person, and I do not look for fights and disputes, but I do believe that ninety percent (or more) of those who claim to be Christians do more harm than good to the cause of Christ just by saying "Yea I go to church, Im a Christian". We have all met the "Christians" who think drinking is fine in moderation, or abortion is ok if the woman was raped. It is these "Christians" who live and even teach contrary to what Gods word says with no remorse that I have, and will always reffer to in quotation marks.

I believe that if you claim the name of Christ then you MUST walk as He walked.

1st John 1:5
This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
1Jn 1:6
If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
1Jn 1:7
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
I do not intend to offend anyone with any post at any time. I merely intend to preach the glorious gospel of Christ without compramise. I pray that if some "Christian" stumbles upon this post that they instead of being offended will dust of a good ole King James bible and see for themselves the truths of the Gospel of Christ Jesus our Lord.

Galations 4:16
Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Psalm 119:165
Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them

No comments:

Post a Comment